- Abbreviation: BTh
- Length: 3 years full-time │ 1st year only available part-time
- AQF Level: 7
- CRICOS Code: 041656J
The Bachelor of Theology (BTh) is designed for men and women who choose to graduate after three years of study. It is fully nested within the Bachelor of Divinity (BD) and consists of all units of the first three years of the BD. The first year only is available part-time.
You can take the BTh specialising in Youth Ministry with youth ministry electives in Years 1 and 3.
A current Working With Children Check is required of all Moore College students.
|Year||Biblical Studies||Christian Thought||Christian Ministry|
|1||BS106/107 Hebrew 1A/1B (electives)
BS102/103 Greek 1A/1B
BS111 Old Testament 1
BS121 New Testament 1
BS141 Biblical Theology
|CT100 Doctrine 1
CT120 Church History 1
|CM102 Ministry & Mission 1
CM153 Christian Communication in Mission (elective)
CM162 Understanding Buddhism
& Islam (elective)
|2||BS200 Hebrew 2 (elective)
BS201 Greek 2
BS211/212 Old Testament 2
BS221New Testament 2
|CT200 Doctrine 2
CT211 Philosophy 2
CT220 Church History 2
|CM202 Ministry & Mission 2
CM221 Bible Exposition 2 (elective)
|3||BS300 Hebrew 3 (elective)
BS311/312 Old Testament 3
BS321 New Testament 3
|CT300 Doctrine 3
CT311 Philosophy 3
CT330 Church History 3
|CM302 Ministry & Mission 3
CM321 Bible Exposition 3 (elective)
CM341 Youth ministry 3(elective)
- An undergraduate degree in any field from an Australian university or equivalent.
- Enquiries are welcome from Australian residents without a university degree as mature age students may qualify by an entrance exam.
- For those without a university degree in English, a certified copy of an IELTS score of at least 6.5 in all categories of the academic test. TOEFL scores are also accepted. For more information on IELTS tests please visit www.ielts.org.
- Course credit may be available and is assessed in terms of the Academic Credit Policy on the Moore Policy Library website and the Australian Qualifications Framework, Qualifications Pathways Policy.
Where this degree might take you
Jobs you might have with the BTh are varied. Some of these include:
- university student work
- missionary work
- various types of church work including youth or children’s worker
- chaplaincy in schools or hospitals
- church planting.
Some graduates may return to the workforce as better equipped Christians and contribute in a lay capacity in their church.