The following guidelines apply to undergraduate courses only. International students applying for postgraduate courses should see Postgraduate Admissions.
Before you apply
Before making an application as a prospective international student please:
- arrange to sit an IELTS test if your first language is not English
- obtain written endorsement from your local church and provide evidence of good standing with them. This should include an indication of the openings of ministry available in your home country on completion of your course.
There are three stages in the process for applying for admission to the Moore College courses:
Step One: Application Form
- Select the course you would like to apply for, download and complete the application form.
- Ensure that your application includes:
- two passport sized photos
- academic transcripts
- a copy of your birth certificate
- a copy of your IELTS results.
Step Two: References
- Download one copy of Reference Form A.
- You should ask a Bishop or church leader to complete this form.
- Download two copies of Reference Form B.
- You should ask two other people to complete this form; one should be a member of your church congregation.
Step Three: What happens next?
- Application is received. Once we have received your application and references we will organise for a conversation with a faculty member or one of the chaplains via Skype. This is to talk about your ministry plans and preparation. If applicable, your spouse is also invited.
- Applications panel review. The applications panel, which consists of several people including the Principal and the Dean of Students, will review your application.
- Outcome and letter. You will be advised of the outcome of your application as soon as possible. This will be followed up by a letter from the Principal.
- Confirmation of Enrolment. The Registrar’s Department. will issue with a confirmation of enrolment with which to apply for a student visa and they will assist you with obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover.
The last day for receipt of international applications is the first Friday in October, the year prior to admission.
Completed application and references forms should be returned to the College Registrar:
Moore Theological College
19 King Street,
Newtown NSW 2042