Thursday 15 September, 2016
Come with us on a journey from sin and death to redemption and new life, in a series of master classes on the value of theology for the life of the church at the 2016 Moore College School of Theology.
Venue: Knox Lecture Theatre, 15 King Street, Newtown
Time: 9am to 5pm
Hear what some of the newest members of faculty have to say on this topic:
- Chase Kuhn (Theology): The (Necessary) Place of Systematic Theology in the Church
- Chris Thomson (Old Testament): Should we speak of Jesus ‘paying our debt’ on the cross? A case study in language and theology
- Will Timmins (New Testament): Romans 7 and the Cry of Lament: the wretched man and his biblical doppelgänger
Complementing these are two familiar faces:
- Guest speaker, Tony Payne: Is there a place for edifying speech? A theological exploration of every-member word ministry
- David Höhne (Theology): The Risen Christ Jesus: my part in His Kingdom
Sinful, redeemed, transformed: we know ourselves truly only by first knowing God. We look forward to your company as we seek to enlarge our vision of God and life together in him.
Online Registration is now closed. Enquiries about the School of Theology? Call 02 9577 9911